Friday, June 8, 2007

June 7- You Should Have Been There


Today was the kind of day we dream about for this event and its intent and purpose. A relaxed vibe, the people on the Oasis made it known that there was no other place they would rather be.

Appropriately enough, the music followed suit with songs like, Maria Carey’s “We belong together” playing in the background. It was a day inspired by the beauty of Carlito’s painting, and people felt special just to be in the presence of an amazing piece of work while hanging out with other cool folks.

The L’Oréal team of hair and make-up artists worked non-stop keeping the guests of the Oasis looking beautiful with free sessions. All the while, the artist worked comfortably on the scaffolding for what seemed like record hours of painting.

Carlito is in great spirits and focused on bringing his painting to life with every passing day. Feeling inspired, he took the time to sketch personalized drawings to admirers who watch from below, and in the most charming manner, rolled them down with the scaffolding cords into their hands. “I felt like I was a sailor sending a message in a bottle. I love the interaction with people. Normally when I do live art I am closer to the people, but the scaffolding makes it difficult so I thought this was the best way to reach them.”

I could go on and on about the great vibe but because I am your friend, I will leave the rest for you to discover. See you soon :)

No comments:

RSS Feed